Construction standards and the acceptance of steel structure
Pre-engineered steel buildings are increasingly popular by virtue of their advantages, such as optimizing construction costs, short construction time, etc. Parallelly, owners are also concerned about some problems. In this article, BMB Steel will provide you with helpful information about construction standards and the acceptance of pre-engineered steel buildings.
When building a project, the construction standard and acceptance of steel structures are two integral factors. Learn more about the characteristics of steel structures with BMB Steel below.
Steel structure, known as force-bearing steel structure, is used in construction, especially in large-scale projects. For instance, the pre-engineered buildings are designed and constructed entirely from steel.
At BMB Steel's factory, the steel structure manufacturing process is conducted according to the following procedure:
- Cutting steel billet
- Pledge components
- Automatic welding
- Straighten the structure
- Welding the gusset plates, reinforcing ribs, drilling holes
- Shot blasting and cleaning the surface of the structure
It is integral to meet steel and welding materials requirements for pre-engineered buildings to ensure the construction’s quality.
Therefore, the design and construction contractors of pre-engineered steel buildings should ensure strict compliance with the following standards:
- Checking the contractor's steel structure construction process
- Checking the steel structure manufacturing contractors
- Checking the contractor's quality management system
- Supervising the steel structure manufacturing
- Supervising the structural inspection experiments
- Inspecting and acceptance of manufactured steel structure products
- Supervising the transportation and erection of steel structure wire.
5. Construction standards for pre-engineered steel buildings
Pre-engineered steel buildings are built by erecting and assembling components, so the entire steel structure must be closely connected.
To ensure the quality of the construction, it is imperative to comply with the construction and acceptance standards of steel structures based on TCXDVN: 170:2007:
- Strong bearing capacity, the steel structure is difficult to deform.
- More lightweight than concrete.
- Simple structure, easy to transport, construct, and repair
- Applicable for all large projects.
- Short construction time.
Besides the above advantages, steel structure also has some disadvantages such as:
- Easily oxidized by environmental influences such as temperature, light, weather conditions.
- Poor fire resistance.
- The cost is higher than other common materials such as iron, wood, etc.
In the article above, BMB Steel has shared with you some standards for construction and acceptance of steel structures. To build a high-quality construction, it is vital to understand the requirements of steel structure works, the construction standards, and the acceptance of steel structures. In addition, you can refer to the construction methods of steel structures to choose a plan that suits your budget. If you need any information about steel structure, please contact us immediately.